Thursday 3 February 2011

Don't judge a book by its cover, A Very Short Introduction...

So I'm back at Uni now and our first project after the holidays was to design a series of book jackets for the well known OXFORD series "A Very Short Introduction." We were given a list of subjects from which we had to select 3 to explore and produce designs for. I decided to choose Architecture, Butterflies and Moths and Clocks, Watches and Timepieces which by the end of the project was such a mouthful to say! Anywho, I played around quite a bit with stenciling this time which was pretty fun. I wanted my designs to be quite simplistic and a bit more abstract than my usual stuff. I didn't do quite so well on this project but hey you can't have 'em all can you?! At least I got my type right! Below are my final designs have a ponder....



1 comment:

  1. i like these a lot! very nice :) shame they overlook design like this and favour boring type stacked on top of itself.

    ReplyDelete