Wednesday 13 April 2011

The End of Year 2...

I can't believe it but I have pretty much finished my second year of my Illustration degree. Times flies when your having fun as they say! Our last project was to sum up what we had learnt over this semester. For me this term has been quite a poignant one as I have realised that the most important thing is not to label yourself. I became so frustrated with people trying to fit me into a box that I thought the lesson I have learnt is I am a designer and there are many strings to my bow. Here is how I chose to illustrate this...










I designed a mailer which, once opened reveals my contact details and a booklet that has two sections to it entitled, "I am a Graphic Designer who can illustrate," and "I am an illustrator who can design," highlighting both of my skills as a designer. I was really pleased with my design and especially the hands that hold in the booklet. I even created my own typography using collaged letters, which I used throughout the design. I hope you like it too!

1 comment: