Sunday 6 March 2011

I want to ride my bicycle...




So the second year illustrators came into uni last Monday morning and were met with a set up still life of bicycles! Hmmm I hear you say. Yes we thought the same! Monday and Tuesday were spent doing detailed drawings of the bikes with no idea as to what they would be used for. Then we received the brief.

The theme of this project was based on the idea that families rarely eat dinner together anymore and that other activities were taking over such as bike riding. Yes an unusual and tenuous link but hey you gotta do what you gotta do! We had to use our initial drawings to produce two illustrations that would appear in a Sunday supplement. The first was just using our drawings and the second could be anything. I really enjoyed this project, although vague it was nice doing something random. These are my illustrations so far, I may make a few alterations to them, I'm not sure as yet but for now I'm pretty happy with the results. Many thanks to fellow illustrator and super star Jenny Cox for introducing me to the wonders of textures and the lasso tool. Oh and her generous donation of chips on Friday night much appreciated lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment