Friday 1 October 2010

Beggarstaff Brothers




Our first project of the year at Uni was to research a designer who had had a significant influence on the world of Graphic Design and produce an editorial spread about them. I pulled the Beggarstaff Brothers out of the hat and I hold my hands up, I had never heard of them! They were basically the brothers in law, James Pryde and William Nicholson and they worked together producing poster design around the 1870's. It's kinda of a shame though because they weren't really that successful back then but they've left there mark on design to this day with their pioneering use of bold block colour and collage my favourite! Anywho here's my spread ideas, I really hope the simplicity is a true reflection of their minimalist yet wonderful style.

No comments:

Post a Comment